Tasha Mukanik (“mechanic”) is a queer artist situated in Montreal, originally from Calgary. She lives with her partner, Jay Kiakas, with whom she collaborates on stories. She enjoys drawing comics and has worked on multiple projects, namely The Sanity Circus, her long-running webcomic. Her specialties are with pencils, flatting and colours. Aside from comics, her interests lie in dinosaurs and birds, of which you can find traces of in all her designs. Basically: expect a lot of fluffy dinosaurs.
Direct contact: email@example.com
Prominent comic work:
- The Sanity Circus (2014-present). Online webcomic. Readable here.
- Paint the Town Red (2019). Collab with Jay Kiakas. Sketch and tones by Mukanik. Readable here.
- Sweaty Palms 2 (2018) “Aliens/Anxiety”. Accepted entry into the Sweaty Palms anthology on anxiety.
- A Tempo (2017). Collab with Jay Kiakas. Sketch and colours by Mukanik.
- BadMouth (2016-current). Colours by Mukanik. Readable here.
- Damsels Don’t Wear Glasses (2019). Colours on select pages by Mukanik. Readable here.
- Castle Swimmer (2019). Flat colours on select pages by Mukanik. Readable here.
- The Sanity Circus Volume 1 (2017)
- Paint the Town Red Volume 1 (2019)